Potterton Gold 24HE condensing gas combi.

Heat team booked in for next Monday, poor tenant without boiler for !.5 weeks. Should have kept the Chaff :)

I still think it will be the PCB. Will post result Monday.

Sponsored Links
Another Heat team chap came today, boiler not working this time round.

As LED display erratically flashing, he thought it was a bad earth. No earth problem.

It was the PCB (surprise, surprise) and replaced it, hopefully OK for another year! If joe public could buy these PCB's for what they cost to make etc. (£15) I would as a mater of course, change the thing every time. But when they cost well over a £100 a throw; you just can't bring yourself to believe in your own diagnosis :rolleyes:

I appreciate that Potterton have to make profits, but I also would hope that these money making PCB's be more robust and last longer than a year.

The manufacturers dont make much money from new boilers just like new cars!

They get their profits from the spares.

A Ford mondeo back bumper is about £450 just to buy! Probably costs about £45 to make!

I have only repaired a few of your model but never had to change a PCB yet so I would say that they are quite reliable! !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back