Potterton/IMI Powermax 135 recall.................

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

after having a flow pump fail the other day I came across the recall notice when searching the web from a few years ago regarding the IMI Range Powermax 135 I have.

My Q is, how do I know the fault was rectified on my actual unit??

Are Potterton or Baxi or whoever still honouring the fix..?

thanks

D.

Sponsored Links
deksawyer said:
My Q is, how do I know the fault was rectified on my actual unit??.
You dont, but why would they continue to make something with a known recal problem

deksawyer said:
Are Potterton or Baxi or whoever still honouring the fix..?
Tell me what colour my car is and I will tell you the answer

Gee, thanks! Save yourself the trouble of replying next time! Or are you just a post troll?

Your logic is astounding!

how old is the appliance, if its out of warranty then the answer will be no, however if you want it fixed, you can call heateam who do a fixed price fee...

also, if you expect help on these forums, its not a good idea to slag people off. after answering over 10,000 posts you get sick of answering the obvious...

Sponsored Links
It really does help to be polite to people even if you feel they have not fully helped you.

I would suggest that you get the serial number of your boiler and your own postcode and call baxi/potty service dept and ask them if the recall has been applied to your boiler.

Generally safety recalls do not time out on boilers.

I once had an unpleasant experience with a safety recall on a new car that I had bought. I followed the manufacturers instructions and took it to the service agent who did the work but refused to give me back the car unless I paid for the repair myself.

Since the recall letter said it would be free, I was not pleased and threatened to hire a replacement car at their cost until they sorted it out with the manufacturer. I cannot remember the outcome but assume they backed off eventually.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back