POTTERTON KINGFISHER MF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whats the common faults with these boilers ??

was at a callout today and tenant has to keep resetting, as usual wouldnt do it when I was there and he didnt know what lights were flashing etc ??

just wonder the usual faults ! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
pretty good boilers all round only thing to watch out for is if when the gas valve goes it knackers the pcb so never just change pcb or you may knacker it :confused:

but this obviously isnt that problem i would say its more than likely to be o/heating so try thermistor first ;)

guys went back to the boiler today, its a kingfisher 100 rs.

as usual no fault on arrival but tenant advised no lights came on etc just no heating on demand.

did notice that tat when I turned the temp control down the boiler would attempt to start then keep clicking on/off like the relay making and breaking in the board. Once I disconnected the thermistor at 1 end it fired as normal as expected. checked resistance of thermistor and although I didnt have a manual for readings etc it did fluxuate up and down with the heat as normal. turning the temp knob up and down would firre the boiler etc as if thermistor was doing its job but as noticed it did attempt to click on/off quite a bit as mentioned above..

any ideas, going to change the thermistor but could it be the board ??

ps. dont understand why I cant change the pcb without changing the gas valve ??? why ?

Sponsored Links
mmalone said:
ps. dont understand why I cant change the pcb without changing the gas valve ??? why ?

If you come to a faulty board which is caused by a duff gas valve and you diagnose and replace the board the gas valve will still be duff and knacker the new board.

ollski said:
mmalone said:

If you come to a faulty board which is caused by a duff gas valve and you diagnose and replace the board the gas valve will still be duff and knacker the new board.

AAAHHH got this bit now, seen this on a worcester before.... gas valve resistance was low blew the board twice before the engineer sussed it.. ..

Luckilly this aint my problem as boiler still works and nothing blown.. still unsure on the PCB or thermistor though but go with the costs first !! cheapest option first... the clicking of the relay on and off may still be a board fault though

Thermistor resistance is 1.2Mohms @ 25 deg c to 100 Kohms @ 82 deg c.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back