potterton kingfisher mf100 issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Ok first let me explain. I am NOT DIY ing here. I have no business going into the boiler myself, I know that. I have a gas safe engineer trying to diagnose the fault and any advice I receive will be passed to him.

Essentially the boiler seems to light up when it feels like it. The boiler should obviously first check the fan pressure then allow the gas valve to open to light the pilot then fire up.

A lot of times, especially in the morning for some reason although the fan is working it won't fire up.

So far it has had a new fan pressure switch and a new hose going to that. It had a replacement fan a few years ago. The gas safe engineer is at a loss here. Baxi have told him and me that it's likely the fan pressure switch that should fix it. They have suggested the PCB, the flu seems clear of obstructions when looking from the outside.

I'm wondering if it's possible the fan gasket has perished or whether the pcb has an intermittent fault.

The gas engineer did enquire with Baxi what the fan pressure should be but they didn't or couldn't tell him.

He was wondering about the fan itself. I know it's quiet but it does work The last fan just packed up.

Any help would be appreciated please. The problem is that understandably the engineer wants to bill me for time spent researching the issue, whereas I would prefer to research it myself.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps engage in a different engineer or a fixed price repair from Baxi.

Someone who is not very good at diagnosing faults should not charge on an hourly basis.

There are several possibilities but as only a gas registered person should be working on the boiler this forum does not permit the giving of advice for which a qualified person is required.

Usually the air pressure switch has its calibration value stamped on it and the boiler design aims to exceed that by about 2 to 3 mb.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back