potterton netaheat 10-16mk2 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a potterton netaheat 10-16 mk2f.
it didnt start yesterday.
thought it was the pressure switch,but found out the fan isnt spinning.
checked the wires on the pcb,there is current coming in to the pcb from the programmer.
checked the fan wires on the pcb(going to the fan)and the positive and neutral wires are dead,no current at all.
what i would like to know is,do i need a new pcb board?
thanks.

Sponsored Links
quite possibly the relay is broke, however being such an old boiler that not all parts are available for, I would suggest you think about replacing it.

quite possibly the relay is broke, however being such an old boiler that not all parts are available for, I would suggest you think about replacing it.
Thanks for your post.
Could you tell me when the relay comes into operation?
my fan hasnt any power from the pcb fan wires to the fan,would the relay be affecting that,if the relay wasnt working properly?
Thanks

Suggest you have a look at the manual, which is at partsarena.com\baxi
If you can't sort it out perhaps you should call a Corgi.
DO NOT take the cover off the boiler - they're dangerous. If you already have, don't try to use the boiler until it's tested.

Sponsored Links
I agree with chris get a corgi guy in

P.S. dont be fooled by them saying old boiler cant get parts have a new boiler as you CAN still get the pcb for that boiler and their quite cheap :LOL:

I agree with chris get a corgi guy in

P.S. dont be fooled by them saying old boiler cant get parts have a new boiler as you CAN still get the pcb for that boiler and their quite cheap :LOL:
gasandoilman
Could you tell me when the relay comes into action,is it when you switch on the programmer,or after the fan spins?
Im just trying to determine whether its the relay,or pcb as there is no power to the fan from the pcb fan wires.
i will get the case checked with a corgi bloke when i find the problem.
Thanks.
PS.where can i get a pcb or RELAY for this boiler potterton netaheat 10-16 MK2F.

Just fixed on last week.

Another part changer had been trying to cure problem since January.

He fitted new PCB, new gas valve, 2 new high limit stats and a boiler control stat, he never got it working properly.

Puzzles me why he still ain't charged her :confused:

So yes parts are still available.
A reputable Rgi could advice you.

Hi MK2F boiler doesn't have a pcb as such, it is only a board with tracks on it unless it is showing signs of burnt out tracks forget the idea of changeing it.
This boiler model has a large plug in relay which is probably your problem.

Hi MK2F boiler doesn't have a pcb as such, it is only a board with tracks on it unless it is showing signs of burnt out tracks forget the idea of changeing it.
This boiler model has a large plug in relay which is probably your problem.
Yes you are right looking at it,just a small oblong blue board,and a relay switch in it.doesnt seem to be any burnt marks on it.
i know its a 11 pin relay,not sure where to get them from.
Can i get them from somebody like Maplins,as the suppliers are pretty dear?
Thanks.

Shouldn't think that Maplins would do that item, would think you need to go to a Part centre like Hrpc etc.

Only manufacturers' parts should be fitted to boilers. Unquote.

Shouldn't think that Maplins would do that item, would think you need to go to a Part centre like Hrpc etc.
i will get the proper part.
have been to the site you gave me,couple of relays there,11 pin ones,but i need to get the old relay out to see if there is a part no. on it.
Do i just pull out the old relay off the board,(seems quite stiff).Or is it soldered in?
Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back