potterton netaheat 10-16mk2 problem

Sponsored Links
It's in a holder, just pulls out.
have pulled it out,and underneath it,the plastic casing looks black in one corner,so hopefully it has gone.will order it tomorrow,and let you know what happens.
thanks.

Hi MK2F boiler doesn't have a pcb as such, it is only a board with tracks on it unless it is showing signs of burnt out tracks forget the idea of changeing it.
This boiler model has a large plug in relay which is probably your problem.
waterworks.
i changed the relay today for the burnt out one i had in the boiler.
put it in,nothing happened,looked at fuse,it had blown,probably when it wouldnt start in the first place.
changed it for a 1amp from the car shop(dont know if that was the right one,same length 250v)put it in.
The boiler came on,fan spun,the relay lit up,then the fuse blew.
It didnt get to click where the pilot light comes on.
is there anything else i could check.?
i do know now that the fan is okay.

you need to check the resistance of the gas valve and spark generator (if you have a meter and are competant), isolate electrics first, one of these is probably short circuiting.

Sponsored Links
you need to check the resistance of the gas valve and spark generator (if you have a meter and are competant), isolate electrics first, one of these is probably short circuiting.
twgas
is it the electronic ignition generator you are talking about,ie spark generator.
if it isnt the electronic generator,where on the boiler can i find the 2 things to check them?
if there is a short circuit with these 2 things you are talking about,will they need to be changed,or can they be repaired?

thanks for helping.

spark gen (electronic ignition generator) is on the back of drop down panel(if I remember right, not seen one for a while), gas valveback, bottom greenish colour.

yes if short circuit need replacing.

might be worth getting RGI, as this is a +ve pressure boiler the case seals, back plate etc need checking as well.

netas have two different types of relay from memory.
the only difference is the number of pins.
pull it out.look at it u can see if its been struggling or blown.

genuine parts or those permitted by manufacturer are only allowed- its the law.

essentually that means only parts supplied by them at their inflated prices

ive looked back again at the thread & i think ur getting involved with something perhaps u shouldn't.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back