Potterton Netaheat 60 not lighting despite pilot sparking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have identical gas boilers working together for the central heating and hot water, and one has stopped working. The fan goes on, pilot starts to spark after 10 seconds or so after the boiler is turned on, but there is no pilot light and the boiler does not go on. As far as I can tell, the gas control valve (pilot and main gas) is getting power from the electronic control box, and I assume the boiler is getting water and gas as it is right next to the working boiler and there is no valve in between the two. Is it likely to be that the pilot control valve is faulty? Is the control valve the same as the pilot solenoid? If so, is changing the gas control valve something which can be done by an amateur?

Sponsored Links
No gas related parts are suitable for DIY repairs.

There is also difficulty getting parts for such old boilers.

Tony

You may need to get your serviceman to check for a good big pilot flame.

Sponsored Links
Bit confused about Netaheat 60. If this is a Profile/Netaheat 60 then parts are readily available.Does sound like the gas valve.From memory there were 2 valves used.White Rogers and Honeywell.In any case this is RGI work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back