Myson Apollo pilot light

Sponsored Links
ok one of u said he cant legally fit his boiler or anything on his boiler and i am using the word HIS a lot now

HIS can do anything HIS want in HIS own house

HIS insurance company wont pay up if HIS blows HIS house up but thats not what is in question

HIS are allowd to work on there own propertys it isnt a grey area

shame really but thats the law

ban all HISSES working on there own gas tilll then RUNNNNNNNNNN

Law also states that you must not drive a car that is unfit for the road and does not have a current MOT certificate. So does your insurance company.

How many people work on their own car, suspension, steering, brakes..

Who is qualified to say its fit now? Do you have a valid certificate?

MOT is only valid at time of issue - how many get a new MOT after they work on their car?

Not saying its right!

I plan to have final boiler install done by corgi guy - but I can prepare everything in advance - water piping, brickwork etc. Local gas isolation valve is already there as is local fused spur. So Isolate and junk boiler.

Alter brickwork, all water pipes and bolt boiler to wall to see all fits.

Unbolt and put in box. Call corgi guy to fit and check.

Rather agreeable to a corgi guy I would have thought - day rate and easy job! I save a bit, corgi guy paid day for a few hours work.

Shall we cut to the chase....any corgi engineer who is any good is going to have plenty of work, he will be choosing the easiest and best jobs to pay his wages, which means quick and easy with a nice profit on the parts he has been able to negotiate at a discount (to himself). The last thing he is going to want to pick up is a commission on a job that has been installed by an amateur and had every bit of profit squeezed out of it. I'm sure somebody will pick it up eventually, but I'd hate to think who, or how much they will charge for a job they know nobody else will touch.

Sponsored Links
My Apollo 30/50B pilot light will not stay lit. Ive changed the thermo couple and OH switch as in the past as these have caused problems.So much so that i keep spares in the house.
Is there a way I can check their operation with a multimeter etc.?This always happens if the boiler hasnt been used for a while. Been on hols. it worked at first when we returned but now the pilot wont stay on. The plunger on the gas valve seems to not have the same clicky action when released .
The pilot flame heats the t/c to dull red. I think it could be the valve. The pilot hood is a bit old. Can I get a replacement hood? and what about stripping the valve? Is there anything I can do with it or is it a straight replacement part?
Are spares still available for this wonderfully simple boiler?
Any help would be apreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back