Potterton Netaheat Electronic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,
i have this old usually eficient boiler , switched it off today for while now the pilot is lighting and fan is on pump is on but not firing... its not the thermostat because it bypassed , any ideas ?
How does this boiler detect there is a flame ?

you can hear and see the spark on the electrode

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
right. so pilot is lit the fan runs? when fan runs it switches air pressure swithch the gas valve should then get 240volts and open up main gas. Did you have to re light the pilot today?

Most likely the pcb has a fault, if it is still sparking after pilot has lit.
Check for 240v across white and blue wires on board, if there is 240v there. it is likely to be a soleniod fault.

thanks for the quick response,
I checked the the control box between black and blue ther is 240v and black and white there 240 but not across white and blue. I take it your refering to the box marked gas valve black connector Ti T2 T3 ?
ANd yes the it continously sparking

Sponsored Links
New board then, IMHO, tap the board lightly with handle of screwdriver and see what happens.

WOW...nearly syringed my eyes... i tapped the control board and F*~ker fired up

why is that ??

it is firing up but it for a short period , is that a relay on the pcb that will need replaced ?

the suspense is killing me :0) ... do i need to replace the board ? or is there something obvious i can change on the PCB ? ..ta
or is it something else borken rather than the PCB ?

I usually buy my parts from Parts Center, or my local supplier down the road from me, depends who is cheaper or has them in stock.

changed the circuit board and all working, also opened the sealed unit PCB and it looks there was a dry joint cos its now working which will do a back up just in case the same happens on a cold night. thanks to all for your help
oh... btw maybe obvoius to some peeps but the bolier will switch on and off if the outer casing is not screwed on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back