Potterton netaheat gas fired boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having some intermittent problems with my Potterton Netaheat boiler.

The hot water system seems to be running fine but the central heating is shutting down intermittently. The pipes either side of the boiler are hot but there is a constant clicking noise coming from what I presume is the "box" that directs the heat to the water or central heating (you can see I am no expert!). This clicking noise is only present when the heating has gone off prematurely. It seems that the system is trying to start up again? Sometimes it is possible to get the system going again by re-positioning the lever (on the underneath side of the "box") to the heating position (it was in this position when the heating refused to start). The boiler then fires up and the pilot light ignites but appears to go out again (cannot see it through the viewing window). I think this may be a red herring as the heating remains on.

I have justed moved to this new house so am not sure what the service history is.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
the clicking noise is the boiler attempting to relight...it will give it 3 attempts and then lock out, when you reset the boiler by turning it off and on again the cycle starts again. Don't know your system but if you have a pump is it working when the room stat is calling for heat?...if not the pump could be gone if yes I'd guess at the ch overheat stat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back