Potterton Netaheat Profile 50e roomstat confusion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

I've got a Potterton Netaheat Profile 50e and have purchased a Siemens RDH10 wireless roomstat after reading the boiler manual on the Baxi database.

The wiring on the website manual shows connections for a room stat but when I removed the boiler wiring cover there are no connections shown on the wiring diagram label on the boiler nor can I see any on the PCB either.

The boiler is controlled by a ACL Lifestye LP522 CH/WH mounted downstairs.

Can anyone help me work out how to integrate the roomstat into the system please? I can't link directly to the Netaheat manual but it can be found here http://www.partsarena.com/baxi/

Many thanks
Lee

Sponsored Links
try wiring it in to the wiring centre where all the pump,stat,mot valve etc connect not the boiler

Can you explain i a little more detail please? I have the schematic printed on the boiler cover and can follow the wiring at the wiring block and all the components, I'm just not sure where the stat wiring needs to go?

Many thanks

As said you need to go into wiring centre , but what do you have already as in room stat 2 motorised valves or one 3 port

Sponsored Links
No room stat, (TRV at the moment). 2 motorised valve. I am going to locate the wiring centre once the little ones are tucked up! I am on a steep learning curve so thanks for your patience.

I've found the wiring blocked tucked under a towel rack.

Its a 20 terminal block. I have noted all the connections to the cylinder stat, 2 MV's, and I assume the boiler and timer/controller.

I can specify the wiring in the block if it helps?

The reciever unit of the stat needs a permenant live and neutral to it( no earth).
The wire that comes out of terminal 4 of your clock(heating on) goes to the brown wire of the heating motorised valve at present.
You need to take this wire from clock into terminal A of the reciever unit and out of terminal B to brown wire of heating motorised valve

Pretty certain siemens says ABC and not 123 for outlet connections
YOU will prob find it easier to put reciever unit onto a single back box as wires coming in from back can be fiddly

Excellent thankyou.

The siemens has the live and neutral connection plus the following.

Top to bottom:

L1- Live feed to item to be controlled
LX- Common
L2- Changeover contact

So I assume that from your instructions A is L1 and B LX?

Yep use them 2 connections (just thought its honeywell that uses ABC)
Quite a good stat simple to use dial and a clear digital display fitted about a dozen and no probs what so ever.
just wires are wee bit awkward to get into the holes and i will not admit defeat by sticking glasses on :eek: :LOL:

Thanks very much again. I'll keep you updated on my progress when I tackle it later in the week

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back