Potterton Performa 24 HE flame failure when turning off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Potterton Performa 24 HE combi boiler which has recenty developed a problem where after it has turned off the flame failure light flashes slowly and it wont relight. The only way I can get I to relight is to run a hot tap and then turn the boiler off and on again (either to heating/water or just to water). The boiler will then stay on for as long as the hot water tap is running or the heating is required.

We've had someone come out to look at it last week and they diagnosed that our thermostat was causing the issue (Honeywell Wireless CM927) and temporarily wired the boiler directly to the mains switch and by passing the thermostat. The thermostat is about 11 months old so I found it hard to believe that this could be causing the issue. However I noticed now that the issue still persists if we set the boiler to hot water only.

The boiler manual suggests that this slow flashing light indicates "The circulating pump is faulty or the system pressure has
dropped. If the pressure is in the normal range a pump fault is indicated.". I've checked the pressure and it appears to be ok.

Does anyone know what could be causing this issue? I presume that the pump is obvious thing to check but I wondered if there might be something obvious to check first?

Thanks in advance :)

David

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back