potterton performa 28i - HW Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help.

Rads Work Fine, Hot water is intermittent but mostly not working.

Maybe the diverter valve I don't know, checked everything over, the only thing that doesn't seem to be working is the diverter valve header motor, the pin should come out and push the pin down in the diverter valve, but its not doing anything. I watched as we turn the tap on and it didn't come out, I trying pushing the pin down manually in the Diverter valve but that didn't nothing either.

We stripped the hole thing down cleaning ti drain it, and checked everything, then it would work for a moment like we were magically touching the thing that was the problem without know it I would get piping hot water for about a minutes, then it would go cold/warm again, the rads alway work, be on rad/water or just Hot water, like the water is seeping into them all the time.

Like now I had a good 5 minutes of hot water, long enough for a quick shower then it went cold again, if I wait like 2 minutes and turn the water on again I maybe or maybe not be hot again?!?

Could it be more electrical, maybe the board is playing up.

Any Ideas, I keep hearing change the diverter valve, but that would mean taking the whole boiler off the wall, as getting to the nuts at the back is impossible.

Also if not solved, it's like a 13 year old boiler and its pretty crappy, I was considering an upgrade, and suggestions.

Sponsored Links
remove the motor and have a look at the end of it, does it show signs of water ingress I.E. look brown or orange ? if so new cartridge and motor time

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
remove the motor and have a look at the end of it, does it show signs of water ingress I.E. look brown or orange ? if so new cartridge and motor time
Think this is old school diverter with diaphragm Ian.

Don't think there is a motor on it.
There is a micro switch at the end of the diverter and the pin pushes out from the diverter and closes the switch.

By the sounds of it I would expect either the diaphragm to be split or the internals gunged up preventing it from diverting.

Neil

Think this is old school diverter with diaphragm Ian.

Don't think there is a motor on it.
There is a micro switch at the end of the diverter and the pin pushes out from the diverter and closes the switch.

By the sounds of it I would expect either the diaphragm to be split or the internals gunged up preventing it from diverting.

Neil
Can only go on what the OP tells us what boiler they have , in this case a https://www.freeboilermanuals.com/assets/pdf/potterton/POTTERTON-PERFORMA-28i-GCS-47-393-08.pdf which clearly has the diverter motor and Cartridge

Sponsored Links
My apologies Ian,
I looked at 12.22 in the manual on the left of the page and thought it was the diverter valve, when reading again it is the DHW sensor.
Just seen the diverter valve and motor in next section. Sorry for my mistake.
Neil
no problem a very easy thing to do we all do it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back