Potterton Performa 30 HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The saga continues!
The boiler is still failing to light, switching the boiler on causes the fan to run for about a second, the boiler to click twice the fan to stop running and then the same to repeat over and over.
I phoned a plumber yesterday who thought, as this is a condensing boiler that the condensate may have frozen, the boiler being in an outhouse, this seemed plausible. Any tips on unfreezing this? no amount of dousing the condensate pipe with water from a hot kettle had any effect.

V.cold...still.

Sponsored Links
None, the power light is on throughout, All the lights flash for a micro second prior to each attempt to fire, starting to think the condensate trap is frozen rather than the pipe? going to try raising the ambient boiler temp. with a hairdryer this evening. The boiler is fitted with a frost stat in the outhouse. I just don't understand how it can have frozen?

If the con pipe was frozen it would light work then go to fault

Sponsored Links
Do you mean on hot water only? I'm unable to check this as I'm renovating and there are not hot water outlets installed at present, though all rads. are installed. Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back