Potterton performa 30he problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder if anyone csn help or assist, i have the above boiler, and seems lately when the central heating comes on, it fires up as it should, the leds light up 30deg then 40deg then 50deg, then they shoot up to the 80drg and the boiler shuts off, but still shows CH calling, then the leds drop to 30deg, then straight back to 80deg then back to 30deg, and can fluctuate a bit, eventually the boiler comes back in, and repeats, could this be the temp sensor issue or a pcb issue, i have a vid of it, hopefully will upload

Hope this works, it 1 min long.

And thanks in advanced for any help. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, this is the one on the CH outlet pipe? From what ive seen in the manual, i dont need to drain down the system for that sensor?

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Ok, slight addition, running the DHW and the temp leds only register 30 deg, yet the water is way hotter than that, could this new symptom now point to the pcb, as they use 2 different temp sensors for the 2 circuits?

Thanks again for the replies, i will do that, fingers crossed.

Cheers.

Ok have ordered the primary thermistor as suggested, but have a new symptom also, the heating is off atm, and the hot taps also off, but the boiler keeps igniting neither tap or radiator led is illuminated, but the flame one is.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!At_oeLOcWpfTjGSwcUm3XyyJ_m2k

Dunno if the pic works.

Cheers again.

primary thermister also acts as a frost stat to bring boiler on with no demand to stop it freezing , change it

That make sense, new one was ordered yesterday, should be here tomorrow i hope.

Cheers for all the help, it is appriciated.

Ok, a little update, new part arrived today, put it straight in, everything works just as it should, thank you for all the advice, it was very much appriciated.

Just for piece of mind, the reason i questioned about the hw sensor as the lights on dhw was doing the same (obviously someone expained the same sensor does both) was because the manual shows a hw sensor, if this doesn't do the temp leds, what does that sensor do, is that to just regulate the actual hw temp that the dial is set at?

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back