potterton performa 30HE problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a potterton performa 30HE and the small led on the front panel has started coming on to show fault on pump or low system pressure I have found that when I manually press the pin on the top of the diverter manifold (central heating differential valve) it all works fine again and this also has a little water around it so I assume this is the problem,
I have the service instruction book but is this a simple job (your advice please).
Can you also tell me the best place for parts? And the procedure to drain the primary circuit.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Judgements on simplicity are relative to the observer's ability, so hard to make, objectively.
This task is less simple for someone who doesn't know how to drain a boiler.
Suggest you start at the manual and see how you feel.
Water may well have got into the switch.

I am confident to tackle this problem so it looks like an easy job to me the micro switch is working fine but the pin on the top of the valve sometimes gets stuck in the up position but can be pressed down manually the small drop of water is coming from around the pin so I assume it needs a new diaphragm?
I just want your thoughts on my problem.
I have installed 4 complete heating systems including this one it was all checked and commissioned by a corgi plumber so I have no problem with my ability to tackle the job

Wow

what ship did your tame CORGI man come in on?? what a plum he must be

Sponsored Links
It sounds to me as if the gland sealing the pin may need replacement.

Ensure the pin is totally clean and lubricated with silicone grease!

Tony

Yes it does sound like gland.

Fitting a full heating system and reconditioning a diverter valve require entirely different skills.

As Tony says buy some high melting point silicone grease from where you buy the service kit.

Don't use blow off to drain down, don't use flow and return isolation valves. Purchase some fresh inhibitor. While it's drained check charge of pressure vessel. Personally I would change thermisters while I have the opportunity.

Thanks for the info I have cleaned the pin and applied some grease its all fine at the moment I will strip it down and have a proper look if it starts again
My corgi man was a friend of a friend who gave the system a good check and the commissioning and all for £40,
I was under the impression that this forum was for the purpose of getting some good advice from the experts not to be constantly reminded about corgi corgi corgi.
Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back