Potterton Pr1ma F - not lighting after 'holiday'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP! Newbie here. I have searched extensively for a user manual for the Prima F series of Potterton boilers - but there is no trace on the internet.

I have recently returned from holiday, during which time my digital clock was set to 'holiday' where the boiler would not be used. Now returned, the Prima F boiler will not light. I have the wall mounted room theromostat on high, and water heating on, but the boiler refuses to light.

Having removed the protective panel I see no evidence of a reset switch to resart the boiler, or to reignite the flame. Gas and electricity supplies seem in good order - so my problem remains.

Do anyone have any guidance?

Sponsored Links
Reset switch is underneath. I'd use a meter or neon screwdriver to see if the Switched Live terminal is live, which should bring boiler on.

Pump sticking/failing is a longshot - boiler would overheat and switch itself off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back