Potterton Prima F problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Came home last night to a cold house. Perfect after a ride home in the snow! The boiler wasn't running despite me hearing what I believe to be either the fan (replaced two months ago) or the main water pump circulating water. I turned the boiler to zero (off) from the knob and then turned it to number 2 and she fired up!

An hour later (about 7pm) the same problem. Did the same thing and she fired up. Our heating is set to turn off at 10pm. This morning, of course, we woke up to a cold house! Did the same thing and again she fired up. I have a Tado (intelligent thermostat) and can monitor and control the heating remotely. I can see the house temperature is under 16 degrees which means the boiler is off again but can see there is a call for heat.

Does anyone know what the problem could be or what takes place when you turn the boiler off then on again?

Cheers
Daz

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back