potterton prima problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey guys,

got a beautiful potterton prima f60 boiler

its gone off, the start button seems ot not be working.

is there anyway i can "hotwire" it to get it up and running till i can get a guy in?

cheers

Sponsored Links
There is no start button, just a control stat. But if you mean the overheat reset button then I'll have to take your post as a wind up.

no not a wind up.

its gone off and ive read online there is a startnutton underneath, i checked and there is something there but if its a button it doesnt click..

so if im climbing the wrong treethere,, how the heck do i restart it??

You can re-set it but nothing else. If it hasn't tripped you need to check there's a demand from external controls as fault could be there.

Sponsored Links
there is a demand, were freezing!

seriously all usual things are wanting the boiler to work, i turned off electric to do some work yesterday and didnt notice the rads off til today.

so the question is, how do i reset it???

many thanks btw for your help....

Are you sure your programmer hasn't lost it's times when the power was turned off?

Can you hear the pump run?
Can you hear the motorised valves opening?

check your programmer is still set to come on for central heating and/or hot water.

too slow ;)

Your reset button is underneath its a red cross and if it has popped you just push it in. If it doesn't push in or is loose then your problem is else where

i can only assume it has lost the times, but with only 1 dial for off and the heat settings i am at a loss as to what to do.

cant hear anything at all, ive flicked the electric switch near it off and back on agin, still nothing.

There should be a programmer either near the boiler or in the airing cupboard
I think your confusing your boiler stat with programmer

**** me that was simple!!!! i hadnt realised that the timer had cut itself to off also! no idea how we still had hot water still though..

the mysterys of life

many thanks for your help gasservice 1985.

and thanks picasso for the pic. (i just found it before i saw the pic!)

why is it always the simplest of things that sort it!?!?!?!

No problem

You probably just had a tank of hot water you'll run out soon

I'd boost the hot water aswell once you've got all your times in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back