Potterton Pro Max HE issue

@rotadays I would really advise a fixed price repair, it sounds as though a lot of things have been done wrong , get Baxi out on a fixed price repair. and stress to the engineer that you will report it as soon as it fails again , and he will spend a bit more time on it

Sponsored Links
No it means he has been on a manufacturers course and is accredited, where does the degree bit come from ?
The title of engineer is normally for those with an engineering degree or equivalent, although a lot of people misuse the term applying it to trades etc.

Funny that as when I started out in this business my C&G full technology certificate says Gas Service Engineer, I went on to do a degree in Engineering, a degree in Employment law and a degree in business management so am I allowed to call myself an engineer ??

Sponsored Links
Just thought I'd give an update as it's nice to know what the 'problems' were when posting for assistance.
Went with the B Gas fixed price repair £99 and the homecare 200 cover.
First call was to clean the existing sensor and ignitors, seemed to be ok but he decided to replace with the latest sensor and ignitors, however, unfortunately later the same day boiler again failed to ignite with call to heat. Called B Gas and engineer arrived next morning carried out further tests and replaced a flow valve, and ignition PCB.
It's been 4 days now boiler working perfectly, cannot praise B Gas enough very professional and fixed the faults!! , no idea how much the component parts were collectively but I guess with the labour about 6 hours, and the parts My investment of £375 for 12 months has already been paid back plus some.
Thanks to everyone on this thread for their advice, and a thumbs up to British Gas.

It's a condensate system boiler, I have a mega flow pressurised system.

Just thought I'd give an update as it's nice to know what the 'problems' were when posting for assistance.
Went with the B Gas fixed price repair £99 and the homecare 200 cover.
First call was to clean the existing sensor and ignitors, seemed to be ok but he decided to replace with the latest sensor and ignitors, however, unfortunately later the same day boiler again failed to ignite with call to heat. Called B Gas and engineer arrived next morning carried out further tests and replaced a flow valve, and ignition PCB.
It's been 4 days now boiler working perfectly, cannot praise B Gas enough very professional and fixed the faults!! , no idea how much the component parts were collectively but I guess with the labour about 6 hours, and the parts My investment of £375 for 12 months has already been paid back plus some.
Thanks to everyone on this thread for their advice, and a thumbs up to British Gas.
&

Just seen this, same boiler and exact same fault here. Flow switch is a magnetic swing micro switch. Mines had become gummed up with iron oxide particles and had seized. Took various engineers few visits to fin the fault and fix it.

&

Just seen this, same boiler and exact same fault here. Flow switch is a magnetic swing micro switch. Mines had become gummed up with iron oxide particles and had seized. Took various engineers few visits to fin the fault and fix it.

Glad they eventually found the fault on your boiler, you're correct this is the same flow switch, the engineer explained it was a swinging valve inside which was stuck in the open position due to corrosion, he found the fault initially using a multi meter. the previous occupier was with BG and they had changed this valve six years ago. My system has been flushed and inhibitor added now so hopefully no more corrosion.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back