Potterton Profile 50e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The boiler has recently developed an issue with it tripping a minute or so after shutting off and me having to re-set the button under the bottom panel.
Had a Gas Safe engineer in and he recommends replacing the boiler stat, the pump over-run stat and the overheat stat.
His diagnosis was made with just a casual glance of the boiler and no work at all. He says these often can be an issue after a good few years.
I've looked at the installation manual and can only see where the boiler stat and the overheat stat fits. Not wanting to disagree with this guy, can any experts confirm all three are present in this boiler and I'm not therefore being "had over"?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
The operation of the system should be checked first before making assumptions on the boiler. However, at worst he's made a mistake. When stating 'had over', try to remember he's only suggesting you buy boiler parts and hasn't put a sorn-off up your nose demanding car keys and bank cards.

The first thing to check is that the pump is actually controlled by the boiler and the boiler is correctly wired !

If it is then the boiler needs checking to see why its not controlling the pump to provide an over run after the boiler burn ceases.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
I had that fault with my old PP boiler, long gone now though!

It was the pump that was the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back