Potterton Profile 60e ADVICE PLEASE!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
am looking at putting an offer in on a house but have concerns about how old the boiler is. The house is empty so cannot check with owners - all I know is that it was last serviced beginning of 2007. It's a Potterton Profile 60e and looks quite dated. How long ago was this model available? Is it likely to need to be replaced soon???? Any help or advice would be much appreciated as should I buy the house don't want to be faced with big bill!

Sponsored Links
Don't quote me on this but I think the '60e' is younger than the '60' so probably this side of 2000. On the whole a good reliable boiler that will go on and on. I would happily have one in my house and be happy if I saw one in a house I was about to purchase.
But the best of boilers won't stand up to a poor system. I would fire the heating up when you visit and check everything is OK.

Good luck

as above, as long as the water qualitys reasonable it will last years longer.

Sponsored Links
We use an insurance reference list of most boilers made and it says that the Potterton Profile Prima 60e was made between 1988 to 1992 but the Potterton Profile 60e was made between 1988 to 2001 so check the exact model to be certain.
It serves a purpose with us for Homeserve customers who fib about their boiler age, most but not all insurance policies only cover 10 to 15 year old boilers max.
Hope it helps with the purchase!! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back