Potterton promax system boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,
I am costing up a full replacement of a heating system in a renovation I am looking to purchase. My heating engineer has specified the above boiler which I beleive only gives me central heating. The existing pipework in the house is minibore.
What do I do for hot water to the taps, and secondly, how does my engineer attach pipwork to the existing minibore considering the flow and return on the boiler is 28mm?
I only ask these questions, as I am looking at doing the conversion as cheap as possible and want to be sure I am not getting ripped off.
I would appreciate any advice here.

Regards,
STU

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
yep dont fit a promax ;)

Ive already gone out and bought the boiler now and a few other bits and bobs. Can u advise on my questions at all?

STU

the existing microbore will be feed via manifolds from at least 22mm ergo after an appropriiate distance he will reduce the 28 to 22 and that should be fine

so dont worry about that, worry about the boiler you have just brought ;)

also make sure the system is clean

Sponsored Links
Whe u say clean I assume you mea flush out? I can recall the fitter saying that he was gonna give the old system a power flush before dismantling and then put something else in on the new system. Is this the same thing?

Sorry can u also explain how I get hot water to the taps on this type of system? Im really struggling to underatsnd this concept.

STU

please note forum rules > general information item g

You have been very secretative about your existing system!

Its normal that a system boiler heats a cylinder to give hot water.

Perhaps you already have a cylinder?

Your installer sounds perfectly competent from the snippets of info you have given. I dont see why you apparently have so little confidence in him.

As he has seen your system then he should be the person to ask first.

Tony

why has not your plumber explained it to you

do you not trust him or summink?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back