Potterton puma 100 modulation control board.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
One of the components on the mcb has burnt out leaving a black mark in the topleft hand corner, How easy is it to replace this board?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
easy, slots straight in, usually the ignition board though rather than modulation, but with this boiler nothing would surprise me.

The big one you're talking about is the modulation board, and is the usual one to fail, and your has done it at the usual place. The other board is the one with the ignition stuff on it, which is called the Full Sequence Board, and fails less commonly.

It's worth changing rather than mending - there are probably blackened relay contacts and other nasties by now. Takes about 3 minutes..

Oh bu99er, thinking of a mark one lynx, had to work on one recently and now can't get it out of my head.

Sponsored Links
Most of the original Linxs I have seen have failed because of a water leak getting onto the mother board and causing arcing under the power inlet choc block on the left.

Luckily we have a few still in stock as they are getting a bit thin!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back