Potterton Puma 100e flame does not turn on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Feels like living in Antarctica at the moment. Noticed my Potterton Puma 100e boiler does not work! No CH, no hot water as the flame does not work. Will ring the agent tomorrow, but knowing how slow they normally do any action, im afraid i will be wearing my thick jackets inside our flat for a few days.
Any idea what's wrong with the boiler? How long does it normally take to fix the problem?

:( :(

Sponsored Links
Are there any indications of a problem on the control panel?

Is the water pressure at least 1.5 Bar?

Tony

The only indicator light on the control panel that is on is the "mains". The rest are off. Everytime i turn the hot water tap on, i hear a click but the flame does not turn on.
Water pressure is at 1 bar at the moment.
Before this thing happened, i noticed the boiler locks out frequently especially when the CH is on the whole night.
:rolleyes:

Any competent boiler engineer should be able to fix the problem within an hour.

Less competent people might take longer and might not bring the parts with them!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thank you Tony!
Will ring our agent tomorrow so they can arrange an engineer to fix it.

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back