Potterton puma 80. doing me nut in now

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any body help i got an annoying problem. Every time one of us takes a shower or puts the washing machine on the boiler locks out after you turn the shower off.CH works fine just the hot water that locks the whole system out. But ok when just washing hands or dishes very annoying
:idea: [/b]

Sponsored Links
Either the DHW flow switch is sticking or the pump has failed to run during DHW or the o/h stat is faulty.

Tony

Thanks for the reply. Pump is running new dhw switch fitted O/H stat ok what is DHE please help im tearing me hair out. Also now the pump only comes on for about 20secs goes of for about a min then back on for 20secs and reaeats over an over. when the CH stat is calling for heat all the time.

Sponsored Links
sparkythespark said:
Thanks for the reply. Pump is running new dhw switch fitted O/H stat ok what is DHE please help im tearing me hair out. Also now the pump only comes on for about 20secs goes of for about a min then back on for 20secs and reaeats over an over. when the CH stat is calling for heat all the time.

when you look at the pcb, is the red led still on when when the water stops running ?? try running water, closing off then checking the led, if its still on then the flow switch is still made..

another thing to check is the frost stat...

Soggy_weetabix said:
diverter valve faulty.

with the c/h working fine id normally discount the DV !! as the rest position is DHW so unlikely in this event as he is getting heat and hw

the boiler just locks out when you use the shower??

if so new cartridge for the shower needed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back