Potterton puma 80 H/W keeps going hot and cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please,
when turning my taps on the hot water takes quite a while to come through. When it finally does it only stays hot for a short while and then goes cold again.This cycle keeps happening which stops me getting constant hot water making it very difficult to fill up a bath. When the central heating is on it doesn't take quite as long for the water to get hot but its still longer than it should be and it still goes through the hot and cold cycle.

Can anyone please explain whats wrong and how i should go about fixing it.

Thankyou

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

Have you had the appliance serviced regularly? If not, there could be a number of faults associated with your boiler. DHW flow regulator, DHW diaphram, DHW flow sensor, water pressure and gas valve. You need a competent Gas Engineer to look at it, is there a washing machine below the boiler as well?

Does your central heating warm up when there is demand for hot water only?

Sponsored Links
the previous owners serviced it regulary but i haven't since june last year. guess i'll call a pro out to have a look. also my central heating works fine, just the DHW which is the problem.

Thanks for your replies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back