Potterton Puma 80- HW fine but CH cuts off very quickly

Apparently not all the Potty people in the Heatteam can repair Pumas!

I have had this lady with one on the phone for nearly three hours today.

Apparently the Heateam repaired the Puma last month and there was a gas leak a couple of days later and Transco turned it off. Next Heatteam declared it an "not repairable".

She has paid £499 and now Heatteam are going to fit a new boiler for her! Trouble is she has had no heating or hot water for the last 10 days and they are not sending anyone to even do a "survey" until next tuesday and she has no idea how long it will be after that before a new boiler is fitted!

Clearly the few who can fix these have considerable skills which are not widely available in the employed workforce.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Don't work for HeatTeam myself (Bigger Company than them) been on Potterton Puma Course 6/7 Years ago and know them quite well problems are almost always related to sludging up,, their mostly mechanical, electric side of them rarely go faulty, Have over 50 of them on contract in one set off pensioner flats and have nothing but trouble with them. So any questions ask and i'll try to help. Don't ask for thermistor and component reading you'll get them through potterton tech help.

Duzzer said:
electric side of them rarely go faulty

Not even the PCBs ???

Perhaps you work on a "different type of Puma" ?

Tony

baxpoti said:
PeteFilcek said:
It's just the CH that cuts out within seconds and somehow turns the pilot off too.

Thermistor? Don't think so
Respect ... cos you is the baxpoti bloke. Same day I made the post I came across one that was going that way and a thermistor sorted it but as you spotted with the DHW being ok its probably not that.
That'll teach me to read the post carefully :oops: . til next time anyway :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Not since the Fuse on the top left and resistor were moved apart and the fuse put in plastic casing. Used to get them burning or worse catching fire but havn't changed one for a while

potterton lol i dont think iv seen a good one yet. links, puma the list goes on :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back