Potterton Puma 80, pressure release and fan bearings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a potterton puma 80 and need to drop the pressure in the system a bit, what is the best way to do this? It's almost at 2 bar but only because I knocked the filler tap open when putting something away.
Also there is a ticking/ chattering noise and from other posts I believe it to be the fan bearings, how can I chance these and where can I get then from? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Best to use a drain point on the system to reduce the pressure. I'd advise against using the pressure relief valve to do this as muck can get stuck in it and cause it to leak slightly. You could try just bleeding the radiators. They may just have enough air in to allow the pressure to drop to 1 bar.
The fan for this boiler is at the top of the combustion chamber and really requires a gassafe registered person to have a look.

joinerjohn is correct to access the fan area you need an RGI, also you could be wrong, get it looked at by a pro

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back