Potterton Puma 80

Ian, why not get the multimeter out and check what is happening.

I was at a Baxi 105 e on friday no heating but hot water...found out it was diaphram waher pin not comming out siezed soild bit of wd40 but still suspect mirco swich as cause 2

Ian what pin are you refereing to in above? Is it the big manifold at the front with 6 screws in it or one at the back with four screws. Are you serious when you say you used WD40?

Looks like you have been on round the earth in a rowboat (and no computer or internet linkup) by the look of posts you have written since 2005

Sponsored Links
i used a wee bit only on the pin it self to move it..it worked ok..still think mircrswitch is palying up..boiler in heating and hot water mode when i left.

4 screws my friend...why what you thinking...?

are u gas safe registered????? you should never use wd40!!!!!, if the rod is sticking then the bush may be worn. replace it

I have seen other gas safe engineers use it on boilers what i ment to say was i used dust spray over the componet then tryed to release the pin to get it going again....but the diaphram needs replaced....

Sponsored Links
4 screws my friend...why what you thinking...?
and
I was at a Baxi 105 e on friday no heating but hot water...found out it was diaphram waher pin not comming out siezed soild

If the pin is stuck solid in the retracted position, i.e. microswitch not operated, fan will not run so there will be no hot water or central heating when a demand is applied to the boiler.

Going by following, WD40 does not seem to be suitable for lubrication of spindles and O rings.

What does WD-40 stand for?
WD-40 literally stands for Water Displacement, 40th attempt. That's the name straight out of the lab book used by the chemist who developed WD-40 back in 1953. The chemist, Norm Larsen, was attempting to concoct a formula to prevent corrosion-a task which is done by displacing water. Norm's persistence paid off when he perfected the formula on his 40th try

H Danny..

Thank you for your reply...yea i think tyhe diaphram needs replaced..???? for you if your intrested?

Ian

Ian, I am not here to steal work from other operatives but here to offer guidance and learn at the same time. Reading your post, do not think the diaphragm is faulty as boiler would not work for HW if it was.

In any case the diaphragm is apparently not available on its own as a spare part.

Although I found one to fit when I was faced with one that had failed. But I cannot remember what it was for and I probably did not even know as I carry a box of them and select what fits!

Tony

Baxi 105e diaphragm is standard. Me thinks your brain and fingures are out of sync when you typed above Tony :D

How does your reply help the poster? :rolleyes:

What I mean is that if you go to a PC and ask for a diaphragm they will say that its not listed and you need an entire unit.

They will certainly not tell you that one from a 105e may fit.

Tony

A fell engineer went out to this job to have a look divertor valve assembly and expansion vessel where the isssues.

Cstomer had reported loss of presaaure and now pilot light not working a new thermocpolewas fitted mont or go or so..put the presassure gauge is constlantly going up and down not maintqain presaaure but no sign of any leaks..

Are you sure you dont mean "leeks" ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back