potterton puma overflow pipe outside constantly leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, ive had the potterton combi bolier for 6yr ish now and each year/18mths there has a been a problem, the main board has been replaced twice,theromosats replaced,pressure switchs, one problem that im hopin that isnt as serious as the faults ive had is the overflow pipe outside has constantly been dripping over the last month or so,it even drips when the heating isnt on! The wall&floor outside is a mess and im worried damp is starting on the wall inside the house from the constant drip. Any help please? :)

Sponsored Links
The Puma was only made until about 1998 so either you are mistaken or it was second hand or had been stored when fitted!

In fact six years ago a condensing boiler should have been fitted!

They are reasonably reliable although the PCBs do sometimes fail.

Many repairers replace parts because they cannot correctly diagnose a fault.

See the FAQ for further information about your leaking PRV. Its a cheap part if it did neen to be replaced but the underlying fault may be a failed expansion vessel or leaking filling loop.

Tony

Hi Tony,
C/H was only fitted late '03 so yes u are correct it was a 2nd hand boiler. I looked previously through the FAQ,suggestions with pressure?? which i've checked and being a woman&not findin an answer quick enough, i joined&posted. I only know the very few basics of the boiler as my late dad fixed the problems& was hoping it was something i may of known or understood :) oh well a learning curve...best call someone in.
Many thanks for your reply.
Selina

Sponsored Links
What does your pressure gauge read, it should be 1 - 1.5 bar. If, as I suspect it is up to 3 you have a couple of pos probs. firstly is the filling loop turned off properly or letting by. disconnect it and you will see. another possibility is internal leak in heat exchanger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back