Potterton Puma Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This combi, after a period of domestic hot water demand after the tap is closed when there is a demand for radiator heating begins to gurgle, hiss etc like a boiling kettle and then shuts down (including the pilot).

Could this be a diverter valve problem ?
Help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I have a similar sounding problem with my Puma 80e. It goes something like this... although only seems to happen in the evenings

1. Turn on hot water tap, get hot water after a fair wait (its always been that way though).

2. Close tap.

3. Between 10 - 20 seconds after I get the gurgling, hissing and then very loud knocking which seems to run around the pipework. Maybe 30 seconds or so of this.

4. Boiler lockout and I have to reset.

I've tried to fault find using the flow diagrams Potterton provide and this suggests to replace the hot water flow switch. Is this the same problem as above, and is the solution to replace the hot water flow switch, and is that what kevplumb has suggsted (dhw??) - I'm no plumber!

If so what is the approx cost of the part and what can I expect to pay to get it fitted?!

Thanks guys and gals.

Yep - that's exactly what's happening sometimes with mine. Can anyone give me a step by step procedure for replacing the dhw flow switch ? Could it be simply the microswitch that needs replacing without having to open any water connections ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back