Potterton Remedial Flue Kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to fit (or have fitted) a remedial flue to my British Gas 60F2. I remember when it was installed the blokes said that they had been given the wrong part and, from the diagrams of the end section I have found, they have fitted a 30/50F2 horizontal flue rather than the 60F2.

Can anyone tell me, please, what the difference is between the two type of flue kit -part numbers 5106693, for the '30/50 and 5107284 for the '60. I assume that the diameter of the flue pipes differ, but I cannot find a specification anywhere.

TIA, Nick

Sponsored Links
Thanks gas112, but no obvious spec to indicate what I assume to be a size (diameter) difference between the central flue pipes. (perhaps they are both the same, but then there does appear to be a price difference.

Sponsored Links
In case anyone ends up here looking for the answers:

The 30/50F2 has an inner (exhaust) diameter of roughly 55 mm and an outer (intake) diameter of 82mm.

The sizes for the 60/100F2 are 66 and 100 respectively.

(So the British Gas engineers fitted not only the incorrect flue, but the wrong adapter as well! Post installation Quality Assurance passed it by, too. Now I am told that they would replace the whole boiler as they no longer stock the flue part -which costs less than £40 and is readily available from heating stockists.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back