Potterton Statesman Flowsure (again)

I

Igorian

Hi guys

After running a bath, I notice that the boiler overheats and the lockout illuminates. This can be reset after allowing it to cool and all then seems fine.

The problem doesn't seem to occur if using CH or just filling a basin/kitchen sink.

System pressure appears ok (ranges from 1 to 1.5 bar), pump appears to be running and it doesn't appear to need bleeding.

Can anyone offer some suggestions/tests I could try?

Sponsored Links
Is this a Flowsure or a Flowsure "+" ? the "+" Model has a mixing valve and a hot water thermostat strapped to the HW outlet above the plate HE, if it has these items check that the HW stat is working

also check that there is not air trapped in the boiler pipe work there are about 5 manual air vents in diffrent locations under the top cover of the boiler - air trapped will cause overheat ;)

Hi, thanks for the reply.

It's just a Flowsure, not the +.

There are two manual air vents which appear to be ok (ie, passing water rather than air).

I've looked back at previous posts I made on this and it was suggested that the flow switch may be sticking. This was replaced 3 or 4 years ago, but appearently they can be problematic on this model. I'm going to check it over this w/e to see if this might be the cause.

I'll let you know what I find.

Cheers

Ian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back