Potterton Statesman Kitchen oil boiler Over heat light.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,
no doubt this has ben covered before, but I can't find it, I have a Potterton Statesman Kitchen floor standing boiler which has served me well over the years, 2 years ago had new burner installed, last year new water pump. I have in past years occassionally had the overheat light come on but this was fixed by pressing the trip swith under the control panel.
The heating had been working fine so far this year but this morning the boiler went off and the overheat light was lit, no lock out light, just over heat, the trip switch had not been tripped, the pilot light is not lit, even when cold, if i turn the boiler on at the wall it does nothing, just illuminates the overheat light.
Any ideas of what may be causing this would be greatly appreciated before I call an engineer.

Cheers
Mick

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back