Potterton Statesman overheat light when stat setting increased

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Potterton Statesman oil boiler using its integrated stat for temp control.
The boiler fires up as normal as far as the stat is set below half way (unfortunately not hot enough to heat up the house in cold weather). If the stat is set above half way, the overheat light (red one) lights up the first time the boiler is asked to fire up (cold burner, lights up even before it tries to fire up!).

If a reset the boiler using the small reset bottom under the control panel, it starts up and I will usually have another red light at some point after heat up the water and will no longer allow me to reset until the boiler has cool down a bit.

My suspicion is that I have two different problems, one at firing and another for overheating.

Some facts to consider:
-Tank currently around 25% full
-No room stat available
-Boiler serviced last August
-Pump noisier the usual but seems to work

Any advise on the above will be greatly appreciated. I am currently on visit 3 from local engineer with no success so far. It has been suggested the spark control, control box or stat as possible issues but it would be great to have your thoughts on this.

Many thanks!!
Al

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back