Potterton Suprema 40 Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone could help. I have a Potterton Suprema 40 boiler and last winter it started playing up, it would keep tripping out and we had to keep resetting it. This reset would only sort the problem for 5 minutes sometimes before it would trip out again. We got the boiler serviced and between the service and us not needing the central heating on again it seemed to be fine (this was for about a month).

We have had the central heating on again now for a few weeks and unfortunately the problem has come back (weirdly this problem only happens when using the central heating, it didn't do it at all when we only needed hot water).
If we were clever then we should have taken out a contract a few months ago and got it looked at under that but I am thinking that we may not get away with taking out a contract now and then logging the problem, so I am thinking that I may use a fixed price repair.

Anyway, I just wondered what people experiences were with fixed price repair services - Heateam are quite a bit more expensive then British Gas, but BG maybe don't have a great reputation? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

D

Sponsored Links
OK, looks like the fixed price fix is the way to go after the multiple resets that had to be done this evening. Just wondering, if people to choose would it be British Gas or nPower?

Thanks,

D

try baxi/potterton as it is a potterton boiler should be able to get details if you google it

i had the same boiler with the same problem brtish gas fixed it last winter it was the boiler therostat on mine causing it to kettle and overheat[/url][/list]

Sponsored Links
I did contact Potterton but they charge £299 for a fixed price fix, where as nPower and British Gas are both around £195. I may just go with British Gas.

Get heat team out they will have the spares on the van and I suspect you will need a new PCB which cost about £170.
You also get a years cover on the boiler as well cos I had to call them out again for when the gas valve failed so I had my moneys worth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back