Potterton Suprema 40....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to a relatives today as she had a problem with her boiler, the boiler was cutting out intermittenly sometimes running for 1-2 days then she would re-set it but still same problem would occur, she moved into the house last year and there is no instructions for the boiler, it is a balanced fan flued potterton Suprema 40......my query is there is no expansion vessel or gauge so 1 assumes there would be a safety expansion pipe leading up into the small header tank for the heating but alas there is not 1, checked around house & in loft for pipe potruding out roof.....am I missing something here,shouldn't there be one?? There is a cylinder in cupboard upstairs along with pump & 3 port mid valve, checked them & there all functioning ok, think it could be the PCB......but the expansion is confusing me :confused:

Sponsored Links
Combined feed and vent into system would only require the one pipe.

And yes its does sound board related.

But there is no 'open' vent just feed......am I getting you correct?
The expansion of hot water would just expand in system therfore causing overheating wouldn't it?

As long as the feed pipe is 22mm then its a combined feed and vent. The expansion is taken up by the tank, same as a conventionally piped feed and vent.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back