potterton suprima 30 has went wonky!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need some advice on my boiler misbehaving. The hot water doesn't work unless the heating is on. We never touched anything with the controls and it just all of a sudden one morning I realised there was no hot water to do dishes. A few months back a couple of times the boiler was still running despite no heat or water being called for. I have a sinking feeling it is going to be expensive!!! :(

Sponsored Links
THANK YOU PICASSO!! Now is this something I could do myself? :?:

Have you checked that you have the valve/s that I posted a picture of ?

Sponsored Links
Yes, it is right under the tank when you remove the panel.

Its fairly simple to change the valve head if your competent with electrics.

Fairly competent :confused: Just water going everywhere I'm afraid of.

You wont be touching water, its the electric motor in the metal housing.

Ahhh ok I thought it was the whole unit I would have to replace. Had another look and is there a chance this unit could be plastic rather than metal??

This has been very helpful thank you so much. Just get concerned when it is something alien to you but good to have people to set your mind at ease.

The valve is a drayton mid position. It looks like I can just replace the head. Can anybody clarify if that is right and how you do it??

I had a wee google and then a trip to b&q and the head just comes off and looks easy enough. Stupid question but I take it when the water is being called for the boiler doesn't fire because this actuator is not telling it to :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back