potterton suprima 30 has went wonky!!!

Yes,

Is it a three port?

I have no idea if you can just replace the head on a Drayton.

Sponsored Links
It's a 3 port. It comes off easily enough and going to plumb centre to get it today. Just wondering still if it's the microswitch inside that tells boiler to fire???

Afaik the timer opens the valve which presses the micro switch which tells the boiler to fire.

It's a 3 port. It comes off easily enough and going to plumb centre to get it today. Just wondering still if it's the microswitch inside that tells boiler to fire???

Sponsored Links
Afaik the timer opens the valve which presses the micro switch which tells the boiler to fire.

Sorry my ignorance XR4x4 but is that all in the thing I would be changing?? Don't want to do this and the problem to still remain. I guess what I mean is it's not something in the boiler.

:confused: This is getting better and better. Came home to carry out this exchange and the heating was on even though the wall thermostat was at 10. Any ideas anyone, is this looking quite sinister??

Was the Hot Water 'ON' at the timeclock ? If valve is goosed, it may be allowing water out from both ports (i.e. heating and hot water even though heating is off (or not being called for).

I've threw the towel in here. Phoned a plumber because I would have been ok with changing the head but I think the whole thing needs replaced :( . Got the part sitting here so he's coming to fit it tomorrow.

I've threw the towel in here. Phoned a plumber because I would have been ok with changing the head but I think the whole thing needs replaced :( . Got the part sitting here so he's coming to fit it tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back