Potterton Suprima 40 Amber light - Please help!!!

ha ha thats ok then :)

As i keep saying mine just makes no sense, the flashing amber light apparently means external call for heat - temp control set to off - even though the prt2 room thermostat is at 20 (and says temp not reached) and ppt2 on the boiler thermostat says 70 oc and also temp not reached, yet it'll just flash amber and then anything between 5 - 8 hrs just kick in?!

:( not good

Sponsored Links
Steady on Agile, the scolding's a bit OTT?

I have no idea who you are and you dont give your name.

I post under my own name!

I dont tamper with other people's postings either!

Whilst I feel sorry for Petchy, and think that I can help him, this is not encouraging me !

Tony Glazier

Pechy, you started the thread and then this Maxdiy hyjacked it with his problems and his attitude to the professionals who are the people who could help.

When I express my views on his attitude, this un named Mod 10 then deletes what I have said instead of asking Maxdiy to start his own thread and be a little more respectful to those who could help him.

Thats obviously not your fault at all Petchy as you have acted totally correctly and politely.

Unfortunately, a combination of this Mod 10 fiddling anonymously with my postings and this Maxdiy who butts into your request for help have upset me!

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
Yes i can understand your frustrations! and maybe MaxDIY and the mod could both apologise !!!

All i was personally trying to do was to figure out what was going wrong with my specific problem!

As i said any help you could offer would be great, as i sit here freezing! or if you would prefer to communicate another way i would be truly grateful!!!

I dont think that Maxdiy is the kind of person to apologise to anyone!

Mods do it on an unpaid basis because of the power complex it gives them. They often relish not using their names as it heightens their feeling of god like power! Those kind of people never apologise.

You could always call me on but if Mod 10 sees that he will delete it as well because his interest is not to help you solve your problem!!!

Although I fix real boilers, I also often give free advice on these forums to deserving people who appreciate my help!

Tony

Thats very kind of you agile!

do you think it may be advantageous if i maybe drop you an e-mail or chat on msn messenger or something? telling you the symptoms and what seems to be happening etc?!

I do appreciate your help, and so should the mods etc....

:)

This is getting really annoying this!

I've had the HW and CH turned on for about 3 hours now ... and still blinking amber :(

Anyone with anymore help on this?

The CH & HW has come on the last few mornings (when i've manually turned it on) now for the last 32 hours or so it hasn't bothered coming on ... just continue to flash amber....

yes i have ..... it isn't under any warrenty ... and all they said is they can fix it for a fee of 370....

did they not give you an idea as to what it could be?

us lot dont seem to have a clue so you may just have to bite that 370 quid bullet

:( no they said they wouldnt have any idea unless they came out ... is just strange that a few people seem to be having this same problem with an amber light!

I have never come across it before and I see loads of suprimas during my working week

still there is always summink new under the sun aint there

doh :(

I'm in the sh1t really arent i !

it just all seems to be pointing towards another faulty pcb borad or temperature sensor in my eyes, its just that the pcb has been replaced before and i have never heard of anyone who's had problems with the new board...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back