Potterton Suprima 40 Amber light - Please help!!!

Now I have heard of the new PCB's failing

I suppose I have had to replace two or three that failed, but I dont remember them having this fault though.

Mind you if it is the PCB then potterton should replace it Free of charge shouldnt they?

Sponsored Links
The pcb was replaced in dec 04' by a local plumber (from receipts) and charged £237 for it .... when i rang potterton this wasn't on their records so then it wouldnt be replaced for free.....

so i'm in limbo big time really .... if i knew there was a problem with pcb i'd get it changed , but i've not seen it anywhere where the new board has ever been replaced!

I havent seen any! i'm not a plumber ! lol Just from what i've seen here on the net and things that people have told me!

Sponsored Links
Well thats not really many is it, not enough to definatley say that it cant be the PCB really.

have you tried contacting british gas? I know they get a rough time from some posters but they offer a one off fix. You pay £150(ish) depending on your area and they guarantee to fix the fault plus you only pay that one of fee. No nonsense about hours spent and getting parts etc. It might nopt get fixed the first visit but at least it will be fixed.
Just a thought

yeah it is £156 .... but the problem were having could be big or small i.e. only £10 .... i have signed up for e.on maintenance contract but am still waiting for a first inspection!

:(

are there any check's i could do with a neon screwdriver or multimeter?

After three pages of posts I really think you have reached the end of what we can help you with

Flashing amber light will be a pcb fault.
Beware though you may have a underlaying electrical fault some where on your system.

these boilers have a manufacturers fault go to BBC.WATCHDOG ,and enter potterton suprima you will get a nice surprise as potterton have now agrred to fix the problems, at cost.

these boilers have a manufacturers fault go to BBC.WATCHDOG ,and enter potterton suprima you will get a nice surprise as potterton have now agrred to fix the problems, at cost.

not on the lastest modified board they havent

see an electrical fault would seem to make sense ... i.e. works sometimes doesn't other's.... but then again that fault could lie in the programmer or thermostat ....

i have signed up for the e.on maintenance service on 19/12/7 - but they haven't even been round yet to check the system .. do you think if i was to call them I'd be charged for any repairs? i cant seem to find this scenario in the literature

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back