Potterton Suprima 40 HE... burner help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.. I stumbled on this site thru google & would be very grateful if someone could help me out.

I had a Potterton Suprima 40 HE installed about 18 months ago, a few problems here & there but nothing major.

Until a few days ago, when I stopped getting hot water. I looked into this & even when I tuned the water from 'timed' to 'on' the burner light would never come on :confused:

the only time I can get hot water is when I turn the central heating on, as then I can see the flame ingnite inside the boiler, but as soon as I turn the CH off, the flame goes out...

any advice/tips would be very appreciated... thank you :D

Sponsored Links
First thing to check is the motorised valve on the hot water - does it have power to the brown wire (I assume you've got 2*2port valves)

thanks for your reply... I have no idea lol.. I'm not a diy man of any kind :(

There is power to it, as when the CH is on the burner ignites everytime, but it does not for the HW.

There is 2 pipes going into the top of the boiler, both become very hot when either HW/CH is on

The valve I'm refering to is more than likely to be in the airing cupboard, obviously there is not much wrong with the boiler as it works on CH

Sponsored Links
ok thanks.... my whole airing cupboard is a mess..

I've hopefully got a friend coming over later who can hopefully help..
I'll pass on what you said, thank you very much

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back