Potterton Suprima 50 Boiler - Gas "Pulsing" and lo

JDS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have Potterton Suprima boiler in house, fitted from new, 2 1/2 years old. Boiler very noisy in operation. Only way to describe it is as if gas flame is "pulsing". It gets louder & louder then boiler will cut out.

When it cuts out, red LED flashes, and if I wait long enough (times vary) it will restart. When it does, it runs quietly for perhaps 10 minutes then gets noisier & noisier.

If it is in a really bad mood, it won't restart at all when I press the reset button. It tries 3 times but flame will not stay lit. If I persevere it usually lights in the end.

Don't like waking up in morning to cold house & no hot water.

Help!

Boiler details are: Potterton Suprima 50, Boiler Code CHHP044 0239

Thanks. JDS

Sponsored Links
i am not a plumber or heating engineer , but if what you say "gas pulsing" it may be the gas valve, we have a potty boiler, and the time before last the bg, gas man showed me the valve and it does indeed pulse, he said it was to do with water temp requirement (or something like that)

But as its Gas you will need a corgi engineer to look at it.

Thanks Breezer.

When I get some time I will check things like the PCB board which many others seem to have problem with.

You are quite right, though, if it is the Gas Valve I will either get a local Corgi registered engineer to look at it, or perhaps sign up to British Gas service contract!

Thanks again.

JDS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back