potterton suprima 60 driving me potty!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help!! I have a potterton suprima 60 and it keeps cutting out. When i put the hot water on with the switch upstairs the boiler does nothing so i have to go down stairs switch the boiler off on the isolation switch and the boiler starts up and every thing is fine for about 2 minutes, but then the red light comes on and the boiler just stops working. If i turn it off again at the isolator it starts up again then does excatly the same thing. its driving me mad :(

Sponsored Links
does the pump work, it may be overheating, but it could be almost anything, if its a boiler fault you will need a RGI.

Sponsored Links
hello johnny, first check the pump is running by undo ing the chrome screw in the centre of the pump, a bit of water will come out, you will be able to see if the spindle is turning, if thats turning, then you need a gassafe man to look at the boiler, the suprima's have a reputation for ciruit boards going, and the symtoms you describe suggest it could be just that :cry:

then its proably is pcb they go lot on this model
but you rgi to do it as you need to go into the combustion chamber

let the guy check the basics first. pump, bypass,header tank? sealed system? cold feed? gas ? etc.. seen far to many suprima pcbs replaced needlessly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back