potterton suprima 60 droning noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confused:

Recently moved house to one which had a potterton suprima 60. It works perfectly but makes a humming droning noise whenever its on, its about 5yrs old.

Its so loud it wakes me up in the morning, so much that i've set it to come on the same times as my alarm clock, any earlier and i just get woken up.

it only makes the noise when it actually fires to heat the water, eg when the waters hot enough and the boiler pauses for a few minutes its fine, but then the water cools, the thermostat kicks in and the boiler fires up again then the noise starts.

From reading this forum i have read some people suggest it could be the fan for the fan assisted balanced flue.
Can anyone tell me how to fix this or if i need a professional in to do and roughly how much this should cost?

any help is appreciated

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
According to Gas Safety (installation and use) 1998

Yes you need a CORGI person to fit you a new fan

I cannot think what else it can be

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back