Potterton Suprima 60L

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its about 7 years old, had the odd problem where it wont start, press restart & away it goes.
It is now almost daily, I need to reset it.
Why is it that once thye reset is pressed it does work?
Unfortunatly the boiler is in the lost so pain in R's every time I ned to reset.
I assume its the pcb issue or could it be something else.

Sponsored Links
Yeah you need to replace the PCB comes with a wiring kit also.#

Common fault, starts out needing a rest every now and then, to every 2 mins, to wont reset.

Which is RGI territory as it involves changing the cables inside the combustion chamber.

There are also tests to be performed on the gas valve as that can be the cause of problems.

I think I will wait till its more than once a day, especially as I dont fancy spending £200 & it might not fix it.
Isnt 7 years realy about.... is it worth a repair?

Sponsored Links
Once the pcb is upgraded these boilers are normally not much trouble. I would not replace a 7 yr boiler if I could spend £200 and have it last another 5-10 years. Have it serviced annually.

Has it still got is 1st edition pcb on? (the pcb status light will only have 2 colours red/green)

If so 99% of the time its the pcb imo when the gas valve fails it normally wont reset, a gas safe engineer can check the resistances on the gas valve to check if they are in range.

I would keep your boiler they pretty good apart from the pcb (Didnt they get taken to watchdog over them IIRC, i change loads of them and the jobs never recall back on me)

Has it still got is 1st edition pcb on? (the pcb status light will only have 2 colours red/green)

If so 99% of the time its the pcb imo when the gas valve fails it normally wont reset, a gas safe engineer can check the resistances on the gas valve to check if they are in range.

I would keep your boiler they pretty good apart from the pcb (Didnt they get taken to watchdog over them IIRC, i change loads of them and the jobs never recall back on me)
Yes just the 2 lights.
I will wait till I cant reset it.
Thanks

Quote:-I will wait till I cant reset it.
Thanks

That'll be on Christmas Eve probably! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back