Potterton Suprima/ noisy system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. My heating system is a fully pumped, tank fed, vented system with a 3 year old Potterton Suprima boiler.

My problem is I have lots of pipe expansion and contraction noise. What seems to be happening is that the boiler fires up for a short while and starts to heat the radiators. It then stops for a while but the pump carrys on running (I believe this is to disperse the heat in the boiler) While the the pump only is running it is then that the pipes expand and contract. After a about 5 minutes the pump stops... and the boiler fires up agian. The boiler runs for another 5 mins or so and again the pump carrys on for a further few minutes. This cycle goes on untill the room temperature satisfies the room stat. So all in all I have about an hour of so of cutting in and out of the boiler and pump... and a lot of noise from the expanding and contracing pipes. I hope all this makes sense. Thanks Russ

Sponsored Links
could be sveral problems:

system wired wrongly, sending power to wrong place at wrong time.

pcb fault, cutting power to pump when it shouldn't.

mv opening and closing causing the boiler to fire randomly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back