Potterton Suprima not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I've got a potterton suprima central heating system (3 years old in a new house). The water is heating fine and the central heating goes with the timer most of the time. What's confusing me is that when the rads have heated the rooms, the heating goes off and won't come back on again, even when room is cold. Turning the thermostat doesn't work, re-setting the timer control doesn't work. The boiler doesn't fire up as it used to.
Then, out of the blue, the rads have heated.
Any advice on DIY remedy?
Jak

Sponsored Links
Yes! my money says you have a 3 port mid position valve and the valve is not going beyond mid position, or if it is then you have a duff microswitch.
You CH and HW but only until one side or the other becomes satisfied.Usually the HW becomes satisfied first, valve moves or should move to CH position and mnicroswitch supplies power to fire boiler.
But in your case it don't
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I have spoke to people from Wimpey Homes, Potterton and Gledhill (the hot water people).
Gledhill told me to switch off power to central heating, then to hot water.
Then switch CH boiler, then hot water back on.
Hey presto, it's going fine. He says these things program themselves when power is re-instated, just like my computer and sky box etc.
I didn't even think of it!!!!
Worth a try before u spend money on parts and fitting.
Fingers crossed it keeps going.
Thanx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back