suprima 60l switching in and out of start up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I've got a potterton suprima 60L start up is fine then after 5 minutes it switches off stating boiler is up to temperature it waits about 5 minutes then restarts then stops etc ( it doesn't lockout just goes back through procedure)
I am getting hot water but no central heating at all rads stone cold, plus the hw seems to hotter than usual.

Can anyone help cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes i do have amid position valve, how would i know if its faulty and is this likely to be the cause of my problem ( i have put my hand on it and it seems that the motor is running)

Sponsored Links
If you select the CH to run and make sure the room stat is calling,you should have 230v on the white wire of the valve,and the valve motor should move to fully open port A.Check also that you have 230 to power the synchron motor.

@45yrsagasman

Not sure if i'm capable as i wouldn't know what port A was. Do you think this is the probable cause because as they are only £70 i might as well change.

What do you think

Cheers Mavryck

I think you should get the synchron motor checked as that is only £18 to buy and is diyable.No need then to change the whole valve.If it is the motor they can be checked and changed in 15 mins by a good heating guy.If you can post a pic of the valve it would help.

@45yearsagasman

The valve i've got fitted is a ACL lifestyle by Drayton

Mid position valve 679H340-30L0

Thanks for you help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back